5700 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
5700 Atlantic Avenue
Hotel Room Fees
All rooms have a $1 per night lodging fee and sales tax of 12%.
- Single: $109
- Double: $109
- Triple: $109
- Quad: $109
Welcome to the Dave Lamanca Student Technical Bowl – Team Competition
Please click on the link to register your team of 3. Your team will have until April 4th at 3pm to sign up.
Prizes will be given to the top 3 teams (team will split money 3 ways)
1st place: $250.00
2nd place: $150.00
3rd place: $100.00
- Each team will have 3 people
- Schools can have more than one team.
- The competition will be conducted “game show” style. A spinning wheel will be used to determine the category.
- Judges will tally up team points throughout the competition.
- Teams will have 10 seconds to decide on an answer to show their final answer card.
- Moderators will ensure teams final answers and manage the timer.
- All questions will be multiple choice, after 25 questions the top 3 teams will be determined.
- If there is a tie, more complicated questions will be given until a tie breaker is reached.
We encourage all teams to get creative and come up with costumes and fun names!
Special thanks to the Lamanca family for the donation of the student bowl prize money in memory of their son Dave.
We thank you for your continued support!
- Passion for the Profession
- Radiation Dose Description in Diagnostic Radiology
- Radiographic Positioning Review Including Anomalies Encountered in Daily Practice
- Molecular Imaging and the Application of Theranostics
- Dealing With Difficult Situations for the Educator
- Limiting Patient Radiation Exposure: An Educator’s Perspective
- Healthcare IT & The Radiology Department
- Pass It the First Time: Preparing for the Radiography Certification Exam
- Is Artificial Intelligence the Future of Medical Imaging?
- It’s Not Just a Paycheck- Teaching Empathy to Students
- Prime Factors
- CT @ 60 MPH
- Managing Millennials
- And You Thought X-ray Physics Had to be Boring!
- Digital Radiography Update & How We Got Here
- Caring for the Teachers: Limiting Faculty Stress
- Image Receptors and Image Acquisition
- Approaches to Improving Quality in Common Nuclear Medicine Gastrointestinal Imaging Procedures
- How Can I Engage my Student? Utilizing Educational Technology Resources
- Digital Image Processing and Display
- VCU Health System Imaging Safety & Compliance- A Five Year Follow-up
- The Challenge of Teaching MRI in the Future
- ARRT 101
- VCU Health Ultrasound Imaging Safety Program
- ARRT Standards of Ethics
- CT Radiation Dose Monitoring
- Build the Wall
- When You Think You’ve Seen Everything: The Bizarre Side of Radiology
- Meeting the New 2019 Joint Commission Standards for Fluoroscopy
- Radiation Therapy: Then, Now and the Future
- You too Could be a Superhero
- The Importance of Empathy and It’s Application in the Radiologic Clinical Environment
- Using Google Docs to Amplify Your Pedagogy
- Prostate Cancer and Imaging
- The Value of Diagnostic Imaging in Radiation Oncology
- What in the World is Interventional Radiology?
- What it Means to be a Radiologic Technologist & What I Have Learned
- Global Health- Radiology Abroad
- Legal Issues in Radiology